First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn’t find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.
Installation: ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and some allen keys.
Use: The ATI Talon Tactical Stock gets the job done! If you are looking for a collapsible stock for your Mossberg 500 or 590 then I highly suggest you consider the ATI Talon Tactical Stock. I have used and abused this stock to no end with my Mossberg 500 and it just keeps on going. The first generation ATI collapsible stock could not have taken the abuse that this second generation has. The ATI Talon Tactical stock has so many features that make it very comfortable to use; from the butt pad that is firm yet still does a great job reducing felt recoil, to the multiple locations to mount slings to, to the pistol grip that is extremely ergonomic and adds additional reduction in felt recoil with the scorpion system, to the 6 position collapsible stock which allows for perfect length of pull, to the adjustable cheek riser that ensures a perfect cheek weld. A major benefit of the ATI Talon Tactical stock is that it effectively reducing felt recoil with the heavy loads, like some of the other stocks on the market, but it also does a great job reducing felt recoil in the light loads. This is something unique to this system because a lot of the other stocks rely on spring systems which work well with the heavy loads but often do very little when it comes to the light loads. Another bonus of this ATI system is that you can quickly switch from a 6 position collapsible stock to a pistol grip to a side folding stock with the removal and installation of one torx bolt.
Tactical Shotgun Six Position Side Folding Stock
with Scorpion Buttpad and Recoil Grip
- New Scorpion Buttpad & Recoil Pistol Grip – Absorbs recoil energy
- Recoil impact is absorbed – shooting anything from a 3.5” magnum turkey load to a door breaching load can now be done with no pain being transferred to the shooter
- Reduces the challenge to reacquire the target by minimizing the muzzle lift
- Scorpion Recoil System is not affected by chemicals, load size or extreme temperatures
- Removes limitations from spring and piston type recoil suppression system
- 6 Position Collapsible Side Folding Buttstock
- Buttstock Folds to Left Side of Receiver
- May be Fired from Folded Position
- Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
- NEW 3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
- NEW 3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Tactical Shotgun Pad Provides extra comfort when shooting while reducing wear on shooter
- 6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
- DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
- Manufactured in the USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Every Tactical Shotgun Stock includes Mounting Hardware and Adapter Kit which allows installation to:
- Mossberg 500/535/590/835, 12 Gauge
- Maverick 88, 12 Gauge
- Winchester 1200/1300, 12 Gauge
- Remington 870, 12 Gauge
Note: Some Minor Modification may be Required.
Installation Instructions: A.1.10.1135 Scorpion Tactical Shotgun Stock